Bienvenidos!!

Hello Everyone, 

    My name is Brianna and I am a senior at Drexel University where I am currently pursuing my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing. I am currently studying abroad in Costa Rica where I am learning about the differences of the healthcare system here and so much more! I am also strengthening my conversational Spanish skills as well as learning new medical terminology in Spanish. All of this is possible with the help of the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program. All undergraduate students who are receiving the Federal Pell Grant qualify to send an application to the Gilman Scholarship committee to be able to receive a scholarship and receive financial help to participate in study abroad or internship opportunities worldwide. In this blog I hope to feature the men and women of the medical field that I will encounter in my studies here in Costa Rica. I also will go into detail about the healthcare system in Costa Rica where it is a very unique and interesting universal healthcare system. Lastly I will include descriptions of the various tropical diseases that affect Costa Rica and Latin America the most and follow up with ways to diagnose and treat these diseases. 

Please feel free to contact me with any questions about the Gilman Scholarship or my study abroad adventures in Costa Rica. 

Comments

Popular Posts